Employment Type: Contract
Title : BO Developer
Location : Torrance, CA
Duration: 12+Months Contract
Job Description & Project over view.
• 7-10 years of Business Objects administration and development experience using Business Objects tools (Universe Design Tool, Web Intelligence, Designer, Dashboard Design, and Crystal Reports)
• Install, configure and upgrade Business Objects application suite; maintain patch levels
• Monitor system performance and availability to identify and resolve performance issues tuning the Business Objects system for optimum performance. Meet with BI users to understand how they are using Business Objects and discuss performance and support issues.
• Create and maintain BOBJ security groups, folders and categories to assure only authorized personnel can access Universes. Administer security authentication of users and groups. Add, maintain & delete user accounts
• Verify data quality and ensure that BOBJ is in-sync with the source systems.
• Design and develop Universes supporting multiple levels of hierarchies for drill down and drill across reports
• Create advanced and complex Crystal reports.
• Create Web Intelligence (WebI) ad-hoc and canned reports.
• Create dashboards with multiple hyperlinks to various reports.
• Ensure report accuracy and perform data validation and analysis using SQL.
• Provide training and support to Business Objects and Crystal Reports users throughout the organization. Provide support to Power Users who develop reports for their assigned areas. Create and deliver end-user training and documentation.
• Strong analytical skills (participation in production business intelligence projects, Fit & Gap analysis)
• Solid RDMS experience and data modeling and advanced querying skills
• Advanced SAP BO 4.x (Universe Designer, Information Designer Tool, Web Intelligence Rich Client)
• Proven experience in BO Universe Design
• Understanding of DWH architecture (DWH/DM concepts, Star schema)
- Manage Daily monitoring with BO Managed services team
- Supporting issues for Business users
- Discuss performance issues with DBA identified from auditing reports
- Working with Business users, creating tableau dashboard reports